Christina Broadbent, BA(Hons), Dip.Couns
I believe that we are all able to change and so improve our lives – if I didn’t then I wouldn’t be a counsellor. I really love my work and I have seen the benefit of counselling in my own personal life.
As well as practicing privately I work as a volunteer counsellor with Age UK Mid Mersey. I have been working with a wide variety of people in a caring/volunteer capacity since 2006 and at a professional level since 2012.
I mostly work with clients around relationship issues, stress, depression, anxiety and bereavement but my style of therapy is useful in most situations for dealing with many different issues.
Qualifications and trainings
I am a fully qualified person-centred therapist.
My qualifications are:
- BA (Hons) in Media and Business Studies from the University of Manchester
- Certificate in Counselling Skills, Cheshire Therapy Centre, Warrington (2012)
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, Cheshire Therapy Centre, Warrington (2015)
I have further also taken the following trainings:
- Integrative Therapy certificate (2015)
- Relationship Counselling certificate, facilitated by Brian McMinn (2015)
- Relational Depth, facilitated by Prof. Mick Cooper (2015)
I am currently studying for:
- Mindfulness Diploma with the Centre of Excellence, Manchester
- Diploma in using Therapy for Weight Management
Trust and confidentiality
I am very aware of how important trust is in our work together. It’s like the magic ingredient that really allows the therapeutic process to begin and flow freely.
Some clients are ready to share from the beginning, whilst for others it takes time to recognise that they are in a safe space where they can allow themselves to be vulnerable. I feel honoured and greatly respect the trust shown each time a client says the words “I have never told anyone this before…”.
In our work together I promise you confidentiality, respect, empathy, honesty and trust.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to make an appointment.